Download updates for Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error
The error "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Error" occurs after you start or restart your computer.
The error appears in computers with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and security update 873333 (MS05-012)
To check your version of Windows, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type winver, and then click OK
- A dialog box displays your version of Windows.
We do not expect this experience to harm your data or the performance of your computer.
Microsoft has released an update that fixes the problem you reported.
After you install this update, the solution will not take effect until after you have restarted your computer. Because of this, you might see one last "Generic Host Process" error message after your computer restarts. You can ignore this final error message.
To access the update, follow these steps:
- Go to the Update for Windows XP website.
- Under Validation Recommended, click Continue and follow the directions. Note: Validating your software is not a requirement for downloading this solution.
Read more about genuine Microsoft software.
- After you have installed the update, restart your computer.